Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The End of Summer

Hey everyone! It's been a really great week down here in Chile. We've had a lot of success and I am really happy despite the fact that summer seems to be ending sadly.  That means that the three or four months straight of rain are about to start.  But I'm excited, it will be an adventure haha.

As far as the work goes, we've been doing really well.  I've learned a lot this week especially on friday I went to the city of La UniĆ³n for an intercambio (companion exchange?, I think that´s how you say it in English) with Elder Torres.  He is from Santiago, Chile and is about to finish his mission next week.  He has a lot of experience and is doing everything he can to finich his mission strong.  Like Elder Ballard gave us the promise that if we talk to as many people as possible, we'll find more people to teach, Elder Torres taught me a lot about doing contacts and talking to people.  Like I said last week, its usually a struggle for me to stop random people on the street and talk to them. I've been really blessed this week in that aspect.  I've really been focusing on that and trying to work on it.  As I've put forth that extra effort, the Lord has helped me to be a lot more comfortable with that.  I've found that it's a lot easier to just talk to everyone instead of questioning who I can I talk to.

Our investigators are doing well. I laughed a lot when we made our progress record this week because they are almost all couples with relationship problems haha. I don't know what they deal is but we're just trying to teach the gospel and apply it to their lives and let them figure out the problems for themselves.  It's sometimes a little complicated since we're not really too experienced when it comes to marriage haha.  All I know is that by living the gospel, they can fix whatever problem that they have.

That's about it for this week.  Thanks everyone for your support, I couldn't do this without you. Love you all!

Elder Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment