Monday, November 11, 2013

Well as far as teaching goes this week hasn't been much better than the last few...but for whatever reason I feel way better about it.  We've been doing a lot of finding which I'm starting to like a lot better haha.  It's kind of fun to knock on a door and see who opens up, some people look at us and close the door right away, some listen for a little while, it's fun to see what happens.  We've found some nice people who said we could come back another time and share with them so I'm excited for that.  My companion and I have been talking a lot about our success as missionaries.  A thought came to my mind a quote from the movie Forever Strong, the coach says, "it doesn't matter who scores, it only matters that we score."  We're all on the same team and have different roles to play.  At the moment we are on the finding team to find the people who are prepared to hear the gospel.  Some people are on the teaching team and others on the baptizing team, but everyone has a part to play.

The weather this week was really weird. For a couple days we got groups of clouds going over so it would rain/snow for like 30 minutes and then be sun for 30 minutes and then switch again, it was very confusing to know whether to wear a coat or not haha.

Dad, what I learned from you during that time has made me who I am today.  I know that God is always there, even if sometimes he lets us struggle and perservere through trials, I know that they make us stronger and we learn more during the difficult times than any other time, so thank you for that.

Well this next week will be the last one of my training and we have transfers on the 20th so we'll see what happens, if we change or stay the same here.  I'm a little nervous because I know my next companion will be a native but I guess that's an experience that I'll need.  Guess we'll see!

Hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Dower


Here are some pictures from my sector






No comments:

Post a Comment