Monday, February 10, 2014

FIRST TRANSFER

Well unfortunately, my time here in Punta Arenas has run out.  I'm being transferred to Rio Bueno (for those of you who don't speak spanish, that means "good river").  I'm really sad to be leaving, but really excited to get to know other places and continue progressing in the mission.  From what I've heard, the work in the zone where Rio Bueno is, La Union, is going really well so I'm really excited for that.  I'll have more information next week.

Really cool news that I forgot to mention so far, we are having a big mission conference next week with Elder M. Russell Ballard, so P Day will be on tuesday instead next week.  That's one of the good points of leaving Punta Arenas because they have to watch it by transmission and I'll get to be there in person.

So of course, luck would have it, right as I'm getting transferred, our sector is doing better than ever.  Ariel and Leslie have progressed so much lately!  When we told them that we were going to have transfers they said "shoot, you're just going to miss our baptism."... Yea kind of frustrating that I'll miss that, but the important this is that they do get baptized which is definitely going to happen soon.

I got to use my baptismal clothes for the first time on Saturday, I baptized Casandra and yesterday, Elder York confirmed her.  It was really great, she was so excited for it.  I was honored that she asked me to do it.  Her sister who is ten will be baptized in March as well which means we'll have three baptisms in the transfer right after I leave...haha o well, I'm sure there's lots of success to be had in Rio Bueno.

Well that's about all I have for right now, hope that everyone has a great week.  Thank you all for all of your prayers!

Love, Elder Dower

Cameron's new companion will be Elder Tomas from Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment