Monday, April 28, 2014

Hey everyone!

Just for Ashlyn's reply to my last email I am not going to start this one by saying "wow, this week has gone by really fast" even though it is true and I really can't believe it's already monday haha.

It's been a really great week for us down here in Rio Bueno Chile. Today we are in Osorno because Elder Walker has had to do some stuff for his second visa so we get to play around here which is much more exciting than Rio Bueno.

The biggest highlight of this week has been that we have a new investigator with a baptismal date named Jean Pierre (never thought I'd be teaching an investigator with that name) he is 20 years old andis the nephew (although I'm not really sure if he's the real nephew because it's a nickname people give to each other here too) of our mission leader which is awesome.  He's really cool and is really open to learning about the gospel. He also plays this really cool ukelele type instrument from Easter Island (easter island is part of Chile) that I want to learn how to play.


We've been working a lot with our branch to get the members more excited to participate in hastening the work of salvation which has been really successful.  Yesterday we had branch counsel and talked about how we can do that.  I believe that in this branch we really have all of the tools to really accelerate the work and I'm really excited to see what happens.

We've had another fun week of no hot water because of Semana Santa (holy week?) which is a huge deal here and almost no one works so we're still trying to get someone to come out to fix our water heater.  It's been a really fun experience that I'm sure will help me to appreciate the modern benefit of hot water haha.

Well that's about it for today. Thanks everyone for your support it really means a lot to me.  I love you all!

Elder Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment