Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hola todos!

Hope everyone enjoyed their easter weekend! It's been a pretty good week here, full of ups and downs, but ended on a huge up with the conference.

This week we were able to do another sweet activity with the zone.  We went to Paillaco, a little city in our zone.  We got permission to put up some sound equipment in the plaza and a projector screen to show the video "Because He Lives."  it was going to be awesome because normally there's a ton of people there, but it just so happened that Friday, the day of the activity, it was raining.  We decided to continue with the activity anyway and it went really well.  We contacted a bunch of people in the rain and were able to talk with a group of kids skateboarding there in the rain.  We had a lot of fun sharing the spirit of easter with a lot of people and enjoying time together as a zone.

Today we found out transfers and Elder Bustamante and I will be staying together for another one.  I'm really happy for that, things are going well in the zone, I love the missionaries here and feel like we are going to have a great transfer.  I hope that I'll be able to spend my last two transfers here.

General Conference was great.  I've always loved conference on the mission, I feel like every speaker has something awesome to say and I learned so much this time.  My favorite talk was Presidente Uchtdorf's about grace.  It helps me realize that despite my imperfections and weaknesses, God still loves me and wants me to keep trying ("a saint is a sinner who keeps trying").   I know that on the mission, and in daily life, we can be discouraged by our mistakes, but knowing that Jesus Christ performed the atonement and is right there with us, helping to us to progress and become better can help us take the next steps needed to overcome our shortcomings and become the people He wants us to be.

Thanks everyone for your love and support.  I love you all!

Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment