Sunday, July 5, 2015

June 22, 2015

Weekly Update‏

Hey everyone!

One more week in the books down here in Valdivia Chile.  We had a pretty good week, with so many good things happening down here we've also seen the "oposition in all things" but we are also sure that everything will work out fine.

So I mentioned that last week we had quite a few miracles, one of them being our investigator Domitila who has a date for this Saturday for her baptism.  Well, saturday was supposed to be her interview but as I said, the opposition just had to come.  We were trying to call and confirm the time of the interview one last time and when we finally got ahold of her we figured out that she had had a problem in her work and wasn't going to be able to make it.  To make matters worse she left that night for Santiago and doesn't get back til tomorrow.  The good news is that there is still time and it looks like she is still excited and ready for her baptism.  We will be praying for a miracle with this one.  That same day my companion and I were taking some time to knock doors and were just getting rejected every one.  I've learned that days like that happen all the time on the mission.  I mention all of this because I remember having days like that at the beginning of the mission and how frustrated and discouraged I would sometimes get.  This time was different, I didn't feel down or frustrated or anything, we just kept on going and eventually things got better.  It was cool for me when I realized the difference betweeen how I felt in those early days of the mission and now as I have more experience.  I'm grateful for this experience and for the blessings I have received in my service down here.

Thanks everyone for the support, talk to you next week!

Elder Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment