Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week Two in Quellón‏

Hey everyone! I'm emailing later today because today we got to go on a zone trip to Quelín, a little town here in Chiloé that has some sweet beach.  I'm exhausted from being on a bus most of today because we had to go from here to Castro which was two hours, an hour and a half to Quelín then another hour and a half to Castro and three hours back to Quellón, so I was on a bus for about eight hours today.  What's more, every Tuesday I now get to go to Castro, which is the main city here in Chiloé for a leadership meeting in the zone, so I get to do it all over again tomorrow.  I don't mean to complain, that's just the main thing on my mind right now haha.

We've had a pretty good week this week. Quellón for whatever reason hasn't had a baptism in quite some time, so it's become my job here to find out how to fix that problem.  So we're at a little bit of a rebuilding point right now here, trying to figure out who will be progressing and who really doesn't want to, and finding new people.  I'm taking it as a bit of a personal challenge to fix things here.  I feel that after my experiences in Rio Bueno, I now really know that it is possible to baptize here so we will be working super hard these coming weeks in order to accomplish that goal.

I've been thinking a lot about the challenges that we have here in the mission. As I may have mentioned before, this mission isn't really one that baptizes that much, but as I've thought about that I've realized that that really only has to do with our point of view.  Most of us are used to the "normal" being just that, not a ton of success, so we accept it.  But if we change that we realize that it doesn't have to be that way.  We just need to follow the counsels we have recieved from the prophets in Preach My Gospel and apply them as best as we can and realize that as the Lord is hastening His work, Satan is as well, which means that we need to work that much harder in order to do what we need to.

Thanks everyone for your support and prayers, they mean the world to me!

Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment