Monday, August 4, 2014

Week one in Quellon‏

Hola todos!

Well here we are after my first week here in Quellon.  It's been a pretty interesting week trying to get used to this place after so much time in Rio Bueno.  I guess it feels kinda similar to how I felt after so much time in Punta Arenas and then going to Rio Bueno, so I'm sure after some time I'll get used to it.  Having said that, it was really tough to leave my beloved Rio Bueno. On Monday I had my last lesson with Hernan and Carolina and said goodbye to them.  Tuesday I went out to the country one last time to visit Paty and her family.  Then we went back to the church for my goodbye party.  I'm gonna send a picture of that but let's just say that I cried the most that I have since I was set apart as a missionary.  About fifty people showed up and went by one by one to say goodbye to me.
Good Bye Rio Bueno

Rio Bueno Mamita, Papito and family



After that, we went back home, I packed my bags and Wednesday early in the morning I said goodbye to Rio Bueno.  The trip to Quellon lasted from 8:00 in the morning to about 7:00 at night so needless to say I was exhausted when we finally got here.  My new companion is Elder Cummens from North Carolina.  He has about ten months in the mission and has been in Quellon for three months.  The cool thing about this area is that we live in a house with another companionship so there are four of us, which is really fun. Elder Fotheringham (it's really funny to hear Chileans try to say his name) is from Salt Lake and Elder Dennis is from Manti.  We have a lot of fun all together.

Well that's about it for this week.  I'll have more to tell about Quellon next week.  Thanks everyone for your support and prayers. Have a great week!

Elder Cameron Dower


1. Were you able to tell the members and investigators good bye before you left Rio Bueno?
Yea they had a party for me and the Hermana that was leaving as well so we got to say goodbye.  It made me laugh because the young women in the branch each had to take like twenty pictures with me so I was taking pictures with everyone all night haha.
2. Tell us about you travel to the new location.  How long was it?  Were you with other missionaries?  what was the bus like?  What was the ferry like?
We had to go to Osorno first, then to Puerto Montt, then a six and a half hour bus ride to get to Quellon.  It was looooong.
3. What is your house like?  Does is have a clean bathroom?  Kitchen?  Is it a separate building?
The house is really nice, it's bigger because there are four of us there, we cleaned it really nice today which was easier with the four of us.
4. Will you have a mamita?
Yes we have a mamita, she's really nice.
5. How many members are in the branch/ward?
We had about 60 yesterday in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment