Monday, July 28, 2014

Goodbye Rio Bueno!‏

Well I guess it had to come sometime, this week we have transfers and I am officially leaving Rio Bueno.  I won't lie, it's pretty tough to leave this place, I've come to really love these people and it's gonna be really hard to say goodbye after almost six months of serving here, but I know that it's what the Lord wants for me.  My new area is on the island of Chiloé in a city called Quellón.  All I really know about the island is that people eat a ton of food there and it's the place that rains the most in all the mission.  As hard as it is to leave, I'm excited to have a new start in a new place and to continue progressing on my mission.

Saturday we had a baptism! I was able to baptize Paty which was an awesome experience, it's been a lot of fun being able to go out to Colhue to teach her and her family this past month.  I'm really gonna miss them, along with everyone else here in Rio Bueno.  Sunday she was confirmed by my companion and I got to confirm Alexandra, one of the investigators of the Hermanas here who was also baptized on Saturday.  It's really cool because both of them came from families being reactivated in the branch.  Through each baptism, 4 or 5 people are really coming back to the gospel.




Well that's about all there is to tell this week, I'll let you all know what Chiloé is like next week.  Hope you all have a great week.  Love you!

Elder Cameron Dower

Here are some pictures of Cameron's new area
Chiloe Island, Quellon










No comments:

Post a Comment