Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weekly Update‏


Hey everyone! How's it going? It's been a really good week here in Quellón Chile.  As I'm sitting here I'm trying to think of what has actually has happened this week and I'm drawing a blank.

It's rained a ton this week. On Friday we had an activity in the church, after we had to walk about an hour to our appointment, it was raining a ton and there was a ton of wind so we couldn't use our umbrellas. Well, the appointment fell so we headed back to the main part of the sector.  Luckily, a member just passed by in a taxi, and let us hitch a ride, which saved us another half hour walking in the rain.  Sweet to see that the Lord was mindful of his two poor, rain drenched missionaries.

Well we currently have a record of six appointments falling in a row.  It's been cool to see how the Lord has prepared our path this week though.  Each appointment we've had a member with us and to be honest, it is the worse feeling ever to have a member with you and have the appointment fall and feel like you're just wasting the member's time.  But the Lord put something better in our path and we were able to find and teach other people, which we've been needing to do anyway.

So I learned that I need to not complain so much because last week I complained about having to travel by bus so much.  Well last week I found out that I need to get things going for my second visa.  So tomorrow after Zone Conference, Elder Cummens and I get to go all the way to Osorno to get that taken care of.  It'll be a total of 16 hours of bus rides in these next two days. O fun!

Well, that's all I've got this week.  Sorry for the lame update haha.  Hope you all have a great week. Love you all!

Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment