Sunday, November 16, 2014

Another Week in the Books


Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great week! I sure have! I know I always say this but seriously the time is going by so fast I really feel like only a couple of days went by but I am loving life here in Quellon.

Last week I officially recieved my second visa here in Chile so I'm all set until the end of my mission.  The bad news was that we had to spend almost all pday waiting to register the visas of my companion Elder Arp and Elder Hardy so that wasn't fun, but we did find an amazing completo shop in Castro that has the best hot sauce I have ever had in my life! The guy that runs it loves basketball and was talking to us the whole time about the NBA and how bad the Jazz are, it gave me a pretty good laugh haha.

Great news! This Wednesday Elder Russell M. Nelson of the twelve apostles is coming to our mission to have a mission conference! Two Apostles in the same year! We're super lucky to have the chance to hear from these servants of the Lord. Tomorrow we will have to travel eight hours to Osorno, have the conference, then eight hours back, good thing I've learned to love bus rides! ;)

As far as our work goes.  It's been another slow week. I don't know what's going on wiith Quellon lately but it seems like nobody is in their house haha.  All of our investigators were gone, and when we went to knock doors, nobody was home either.  But o well, we're keeping a good attitude and enjoying it.

So I've decided to begin memorizing a new scripture in spanish each day, I'm starting with the scripture mastery scriptures and one of them from this week has really impacted me.  I only know it in spanish but if you want to look it up it is 2 Nephi 31:20 "Por tanto, debéis seguir adelante con firmeza en Cristo, teniendo un fulgor perfecto de esperanza y de amor por Dios y por todos los hombres. Por tanto si marcháis adelante deleitándoos en las palabras de Cristo y perseveréis hasta el fin, he aquí así dice el Señor, tendréis la vida eterna." I love it because it tells us what we need to do in order to gain eternal life, have faith in Christ, hope, love for God and everyone, delight in the scriptures and endure to the end, in reality, these things are not that complicated, but if we can do them, everything else will follow. That is the beauty of the plan of salvation, sometimes we can be overwhelmed with all of the things we have to do in this life, but all God requires is our effort.  If we are trying, it'll be ok. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for the plan that He has made for me and every one of us, and for the peace and comfort that it gives me.

Thanks everyone for all the love and support, you're all the best, have a fantastic week!

Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment