Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!‏


¡Hola Todos! Hope you have all had a fantastic week.  Once again the weeks are flying by and I can't believe it's Monday again.  I'm feeling really good about how things are going here and for the future of this area. Yesterday we had our first coordination meeting with our new ward mission leader. He's perfect for the job and is ready and willing to take charge of the missionary work here. For the first time in my mission I really feel like we aren't the ones driving the work here, but that we have a great leader in the branch who we are here to help.  I'm really excited to see how things turn out as we work toward accomplishing our goals,

 So funny story, all of us were under the impression that Thanksgiving was this thursday(Nov. 20), so me, thinking I'd be nice for my district, I decided to put together a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner. So I got stuff for turkey sandwiches (keeping the tradition from last year) instead of mashed potatoes I found a french fry stand and bought a bunch of fries, and got some slices of an apple pie-ish dessert thing.  It was super funny, but we talked about what we are thankful for and everything.  The funniest part is that it apparently wasn't even Thanksgiving yet so I guess we'll have to repeat it this thursday haha.
Cameron's early "Thanksgiving" Dinner

Quellon District at lunch

This week I was reviewing my favorite talk from this last general conference by Elder Klebingat of the seventy.  He talks about six things we can do to make sure that we have a good standing with God. 1. Take responsibility for your own spiritual well-being. 2. Take responsibility for your own physical well-being. 3. Embrace voluntary, wholehearted obedience as part of your life. 4. Become really, really good at repenting thoroughly and quickly. 5. Become really, really good at forgiving. and 6. Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience. I really liked these six points because at times we can get so stressed out, thinking that we aren't doing enough or when we realize how many things we can be doing better that it brings us down.  Really, if our hearts are in the right place and we are trying to do the right things, we can be at peace with our lives and know that it's all ok.

Thanks everyone for your support, I couldn't do this without you! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment