Sunday, November 9, 2014

Weekly Update

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a happy Halloween. Well prepare yourselves for a pretty boring update this week because once again, once I get here at the computer my mind draws a blank and I can't think of what the heck happened this week.

This was a really wierd week as far as the weather goes.  At the beginning of the week it was seriously the coldest I've ever felt down here in Chile.  Just when we are all freezing trying to study in the morning, we ran out of firewood! So after a couple of days of trying to tough it out and bundling up, we decided to see how much spare change we could come up with and get some more wood.  It was pretty funny when the truck came and we paid him all in change (remember, it's about 600 chilean pesos to a dollar). But we finally were able to make fire to keep us warm when the sun came out and we've had some of the warmest days of all my time in Quellon the past few days.  Just another week in the south of Chile trying to share the gospel haha.

This was a super slow week for us, mainly because yesterday was Dia de Todos los Santos, which is basically like memorial day, except much more popular.  Everyone goes to visit the graves of deceased family members, so most of our investigators were out of town.  Thus my companion and I set out to do a bunch of good old fashioned door knocking, only to be reminded of why I don`t normally enjoy doing that haha (seriously if I had a dime for every time I've hear the phrase "no that's ok, I'm catholic," this week, I could have bought us all lunch today).  But I'm excited to start a new week this week.

So miracle of the week. My very first day here in Quellon my companion and I went to visit this less active guy named Walter.  He was super cool, but did not want to hear anything about religion, just eat food and play chess (I did almost beat him though haha) well after that visit, my companion and I decided it would be a better use of our time to use it visiting someone else who we could share more with.  Well, yesterday I was practicing playing the hymns on the piano (I've been playing in sacrament again here, and butchering almost every song each week haha) and lo and behold, Hermano Walter walks in the room.  I was floored, he said that we wants to come back! Just another experience that has shown me that really, it is the Lord that does the work here and I am just an instrument.  I have been humbled so much on the mission and come to see just how much I really rely on the Savior to get me through each day of my life.  I am so grateful to have this gospel and to be able to be on His team for these two years.  Hope you all have a great week, I love you all!

Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment