Sunday, January 4, 2015

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!‏

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas! It was pretty great here, the highlight was obviously getting to talk to the family on Skype.  It's so weird that it was my third time already.  It's funny how much has changed and yet how much has stayed the same the last year and a half. So in Chile, they celebrate Christmas at midnight on the 24th (they don't have to wait til 7:00 in the morning like some poor children) so we got to eat dinner that night with a member family we are working with which was pretty fun.  I really enjoyed the candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup from my family along with the elf pajamas. On christmas we got up and opened our presents.  New white shirts and ties and new socks, what else could a missionary want? Later that day we went to our investigator, Francisco and his family's and played Monopoly with them and shared a message (I totally won at monopoly haha).

Apart from talking to the family, the biggest highlight this week was the baptism of Francisco on Saturday.  I love that family so much.  I'm really hoping that his mom is going to be able to be baptized during my time here as well.  It was a great service. He was baptized by a member here who just got his mission call to serve in Santiago and was confirmed by our ward mission leader.  It's great to see that he has so much support from the members. I'm really excited about the work here.  We're planning on putting another investigator, Felipe, with baptismal date later today which I'm feeling really good about as well.

Wow, I can't believe that we are going into 2015.  When I started my mission the year 2015 seemed so far off and I can't believe that it's already here. It's really weird to think that I'll spend half of this new year on the mission and half of it back home. It's caused me to think about all the things I still have left to do here on the mission and what I want to accomplish before I'm done here.  I imagine the person I want to be and the relationship that I want to have with the Lord. I have a lot of goals for the rest of my mission, and that is why I love this opportunity we have to set resolutions for the next year and the opportunity that the atonement of Jesus Christ gives us to change and better ourselves.  We are so fortunate to have the tools that we need to conquer all of our weaknesses and continually improve ourselves to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.

Hope you all have a great New Year's, I'll definitely be sleeping through it, but hope you all enjoy it haha. Thanks for all the support and love.

Love, Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment