Monday, December 23, 2013

It has been a really good week this week.  It's been fun getting ready for Christmas, it's funny how concerned all of the members of our ward are for the missionaries.  Bishop assigned two families to have us over for the night of the 24th so we are going to be spending Christmas Eve with our ward mission leader and his family so I'm really excited.  We'll go to some other members on the 25th to call at about 5 or 6 here, so expect 2:00 your time.  I'll get on email and send one to Dad to make sure we're good.  I think I will need your email and username to call though so if you could send that that would be great.  We get about 45 minutes to call.

We have three main investigators right now, José, Roberto and Christian.  The greatest thing about them is that they all contacted us, not the other way around.  Yesterday we put José with baptismal date for the 18th of January, so I'm really hoping I stay here this next transfer because I really think it'll go through. Roberto and Christian are really good. Right now I think the main challenge with them will be getting them to attend sacrament meeting so we'll see how that goes next week.

I'm really excited to be able to open my presents finally, they've been sitting under the tree for like a month now and are driving me nuts!

So in Chile Christmas is a little different but not too much.  For them, instead of it being Christmas Eve and Christmas, it's one night, so the have parties with the family and everything the night of the 24th and "Viejito Pascuero" or Santa comes at midnight, then after that the kids open their presents.  They don't have to wait until 7:00 in the morning til their parents let them open their presents haha.

See you Wednesday!

Love, Elder Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment