Monday, December 30, 2013

Ok so I decided I am going to try something different for emails now, so that I can get to everyone easier I'm just going to send one big email to everyone and then reply to each of you individually.

It's been a really crazy week with Christmas down here in the bottom of the world.  We got to spend Christmas Eve with our ward mission leader and his family who are AWESOME.  We decided to bring some American Christmas with us so we decided to bring some sparkling cider, which did NOT taste the same as it does in the States, my companion was worried that it was real alcohol that night but don't worry, we figured out that it wasn't real alcohol.  Just imagine if two missionaries brought wine to a members house haha.

Christmas was great, we had district meeting in the morning, my companion was Santa and brought out all of the packages that just barely came in for everyone in the zone, which was pretty funny.  We got to talk to our families, which was really wierd but really made my Christmas.  I'm really grateful that we have the technology to be able to skype clear from down here in the bottom of the world.  It's been a different Christmas, being so far from home.  But I've really realized the true meaning of Christmas here more that at any other time in my life.  It's been great to be able to share that with everyone else here.  I've seen how much our Heavenly Father really loves his children and wants the best for them.

So as far as our investigators go, it's been a pretty slow week, everyone was gone for the holidays, but luckily we got to talk to him yesterday and he's been reading the Book of Mormon.  He told us about how he read the story about Jacob and Joseph being called as teachers because the people were wicked.  It surprised me how that's what stuck out to him but hey, as long as he's reading, I'm happy.  He's been eating up everything we teach him which makes me really excited.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I love you all! Have a happy new year!

Love, Elder Dower


We had a great time talking to Cameron on Christmas.  He is so happy and enjoying the work.




No comments:

Post a Comment