Sunday, March 1, 2015

Who's ready for six weeks of not speaking English? I am!‏

Well here we are at the end of another transfer.  I can't believe how fast they are flying by! Today we got the cambios and I am getting a new companion here in Valdivia.  Elder Bustamante is from Colombia and is a brand new Zone Leader here. This is gonna be my second native companion in the mission, it's been almost a year since my last one so it'll be fun being able to get better on the spanish.  Actually, out of twenty missionaries, only four of us are gringos, and all of the district leaders are latinos so I will not be speaking English for the next six weeks haha, guess it had to happen sometime in my mission.

Well thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, yesterday was awesome.  All the members  wished me happy birthday, the bishop even decided to announce my birthday from the pulpit.  I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that, but he did haha.  Today we had a zone activity and grilled some nice american hamburgers and everyone sang to me.  All in all, I enjoyed it.

It's been a bit of a slow week to tell the truth, I am really getting sick of summer here but luckily summer vacations will be finishing in these next couple weeks and people will finally be in their houses.  I'm looking forward to that, it will make things a heck of a lot easier for us. It's been a challenge to keep progress with great investigators because they always leave to do things during their vacations.  Our attendance in church has been suffering a little too because our strong, active families leave on vacations for a couple weeks.  Despite all of that, I am really excited for this next transfer. I've heard good things about Elder Bustamante and I'm ready to leave my mark on this zone.  President has said multiple times that this is the weakest stake in the mission, and I'm excited to be able to do my part to help it really progress.

Again, thanks everyone for all your help and support, you are the best!

Love,
Elder Cameron Dower

No comments:

Post a Comment